Monday, July 18, 2011

A Taste of Our New Life---And We're All Still Alive!

     So, last week was a preview of what our new life will look like.  Let's just say it will take some getting used to!  To start with, Hubby was home for two week days.  Now, I know some of you might think, "Hey that's great!  I wish my husband was around more!  He could help with..."   Well, I have never been that girl.  Not that I don't love my hubby, but we have completely different styles of getting things done!  I am methodical, mostly organized, and generally have a plan of attack for my day.  Hubby tends to start with a plan, but gets sidetracked from it early on and then adds things to get done to the plan in the middle of the day.  He gets most of it done, but it's just not the way I would do it.  So this having-him-home-during-the-day thing is going to take some getting used to for me.  He loves it though!  It is a big thing that we made it through the week without a major blow-up, although I may have mentioned something about resigning as a teacher due to the fact I couldn't work under the new administration...


     Prep for the new school year is going well.  We had our first official staff meeting on Friday night, and were able to get several details discussed and resolved.  We are gearing up for an exciting new year at HCS, and are looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us!  


     One of my concerns with our new life is that since we live "on-campus," we will always have some task that will command our attention, and we will not have any down-time.  When you live with your work, it's hard to find the time to put it aside and relax.  I find this especially difficult; when I'm home it's much harder for me to relax because I see all the things that need to be done, and I want to be up doing them.  I find it easier to have down-time away from the house.  Am I the only one like this?  Any suggestions from others who "suffer" from this?  


     The boys have doctor appointments later this week.  In the process of getting things together for school, I realized that I have misplaced the boy's shot records.  I spent the morning looking in all the places that I could have put them, and a few I know I didn't!  I have a sinking feeling that they were in the diaper bag that we took with us to Mom's house the day of the tornado.  Who knows where they are now if that's where they were!  But in the process of looking for them this morning, the boys and I sat down and looked through all their baby books and baby picture albums.  I forgot they used to be so little!  You get so caught up in the day to day of their lives you forget how much they have changed.  Even First-Born looks so different in the pics of him from when Stitch was born!  And Middle Biscuit's hair used to be curly when it was longer...it's straight now.  They loved seeing themselves when they were little!  I'm glad that I took so many pictures...I can look back and not feel I've missed anything.  


     Just a few snapshot thoughts from the weekend.  Hope your weekend was great, and hope everyone has a productive week ahead!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely "suffer" from the lack of down time because there's a whole list of things that need to be done. I believe that's our OCD kicking in. I totally agree that I need to go away in order to relax which is DIRECT opposite of Nathan who never wants to leave home. I'm getting better-mainly because I'm so tired I feel like I'm just going to drop over; so I'd better take some time to relax. :) Hope you figure it out. God still has work to do on us, obviously!! ~Angel

    ReplyDelete