Monday, August 1, 2011

Catching Up

     So much time has gone past since my last post that I hardly know where to begin!  I'm sure some of you thought I fell off the face of the earth, or perhaps perished tragically underneath an avalanche of stuff.  I'm still alive and well, and very thankful to have a lot of work behind me!  


     The biggest news is that the parents have officially moved out!  Now, I know that sounds like I couldn't wait to get rid of them, but that's not it.  Like I told them, "You guys can stay here as long as you want, it's your stuff I want to get rid of!"  Saturday was the official "move-in" day, and we all worked really hard to get them settled into their new place.  So far, everything is going great, and I spent today putting my house back together.  I have to admit...it feels GREAT!  The OCD voice in my head is finally quiet!  


     I have also been putting in some time at my new job the last few weeks.  Things for the school year are slowly coming together.  Middle Biscuit had a good time going to school for his kindergarten testing.  He was so excited to get dressed into his new clothes, put on his backpack, carry his snack in his new lunch box, and head out the door with Mommy!  I was doing an inventory today, and I think we have everything we need to start the school year!  The uniforms are ready, the school supplies are labeled and packed in the backpacks, and the boys are really looking forward to starting school in a couple of weeks.  Now, I just have to get myself ready...


     Oh, something else I've been working on lately (I guess I didn't think I had enough going on...) has been potty training Stitch.  I am glad to announce that after several weeks of hard work, he is trained!  Well, by our definition, which means that he is in "big-boy underwear" all day without accidents.  Naps and bedtime still mean a Pull-Up, but he has been waking up dry from both pretty consistently.  (I do it mostly for my own peace of mind, and because I don't want to have to wash the sheets if there's an accident!)  My mother is especially glad of this, as she is going to be keeping Stitch while I'm teaching, and she wasn't looking forward to changing diapers!  


     We also had Vacation Bible School last week at my Dad's other church.  (For those of you who don't know, he pastors two churches.)  A great time was had by all, and Stitch especially enjoyed it.  He was too little to remember the last one we had.  He asked me this morning if we were going back to "BBS", which is how he said VBS.  (This was a big improvement over his original interpretation, which left off the first, vital letter of the abbreviation!)  He won a prize in the drawing, which he was very proud to go up to the front and get.  First-Born won a prize too, a new fishing pole!  Needless to say, he was very excited!  


     Well, I think that about catches you up to what's been going on around here lately!  I am going to try to keep up with my posting now that things are settling down.  Ha, who am I kidding...we don't know the meaning of "settling down" around this place!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment