Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just Checking In!

     It's been a little while since I did a "just checking in" post.  I thought it would be good to run down what we've been up to lately around here! 

     The kiddos:  The boys have been doing okay lately.  We seem to be going through a "phase" or two, especially with the eldest and the youngest.  It has been the topic of many late-night conversations between Daddy and Mommy.  We don't dismiss the boys behavior as "just a phase"--it is something that needs to be recognized and dealt with accordingly.  But we like to determine if there is a root cause for the behavior that stems from something else going on in our lives.  We have had a lot of changes, and there are several more big ones coming up, and this can cause upheaval in little ones' lives!  Which they act on the only way they can--by acting up!  Our biggest issue right now is speaking respectfully.  First-Born tends to be precocious for his age, and very verbal, and doesn't think the things he thinks (and then says) can be disrespectful to those around him.  Especially to Mommy.  He has definitely out-grown the "little boy" stage of his life, and has required Daddy's firm hand several times recently.  One of the most difficult things to instill is to think first, and speak second--there are lots of grown-ups who still struggle with this!  Stitch is at that 3-year old talkative stage, and has picked up "answering back" from big brother.  *Sigh--it's funny--undesirable behaviors are like germs; they get passed around!

     The Baby:  Things are going well with the upcoming little one!  We are already being blessed with little girl things, and the shower isn't until December!  I was thinking about the blog, and realized I need to think of a good code name for her...any suggestions?  The doctor said things looked great at the last check-up.  I admit, I asked him if I was measuring bigger than normal, because I've been feeling huge lately.  He said I wasn't, and that it was just fourth-baby issues.  Baby's getting stronger though--Daddy got to feel her really kicking the other night!  :)

     Our ministry:  This is something I have to keep reminding myself...sometimes on a minute-by-minute basis.  This is not a job...it is a ministry!  This keeps me from getting frustrated with being outside the home, feeling like things are slipping through the cracks, or dealing with one more behavior issue at school.  In moments of complete honesty I must admit that I miss being a "stay-at-home" mom.  Looking back, life seemed so much simpler then!  Now, I am feeling pulled in a million directions at once!  I know Satan can use these thoughts to discourage, so I pray a lot through the day for wisdom and strength. And I keep reminding myself that this is God's direction for our family right now, and He will give us the strength to persevere!  

    Well, that about wraps it up for what's going on around here in our day-to-day life!  It's time to jump back in--two little boys need their baths, and then it's bedtime for three rambunctious boys and one not-so-rambunctious Mommy!  After lunches are packed, and laundry is put away, of course!  "Little by little, inch by inch..."  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment