Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So, What's The Plan Again?

     Well, if you have read this blog before, or know me at all, you know I am a person who likes having a schedule.  Ha, who am I kidding...I love having a schedule!  It's Thursday and the house isn't clean?  Problem!  Tuesday and I haven't finished the laundry?  Yikes!  It's 8:32 and the kids are still up?  To bed! Now!  I freely admit that I am border-line OCD about these things.  


    However, as I look back over this year, I think God has been trying to show me that sometimes being unscheduled is part of the schedule.  As I tried to plan for things like tornado aftermath (let's just say that may be an impossibility!), teaching school full-time, not being a stay-at-home mom, changes in Hubby's job situation, financial juggling (due to changes in Hubby's job!), and other major things, I was getting overwhelmed with all the changes.  I like boring!  


     So, I have been re-evaluating the plan.  And, thanks to my wise pastor/dad, a great verse has made itself known to me.  Because I want God's plan to be my plan.  Sometimes, it definitely gets turned around: God's plan gets "squooshed" into my plan.  Which is not how it's supposed to work, of course.  So, on Sunday, as I listened to the message on committing your New Year to the Lord, I realized that I could have no better plan that the plan Jesus had while He was here on this earth.  You can find this plan stated in John 17:4 when Jesus says, "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."  


     There's the plan...right there in black and white (or red and white if you have that kind of Bible!).  Our purpose is to glorify God while we are here on this earth.  All my planning aside, all my schedules rearranged, that I may glorify God in my life.  Now, it's hard to imagine that I am glorifying God when I am cleaning the bathroom or wiping a runny nose, but if I am doing what God has called me to do, with a servant's heart (check out some great posts about this from my Sis-in-law's blog!), then I am glorifying God even in these tasks!  


     So, while I'm not giving up the schedule just yet, (umm, can you say "chaos?")  I am working and praying that God will keep reminding me that my plan is to glorify Him!  Can't wait to see what the New Year has in store!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment