Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

     Well, I'm dusting off the cobwebs on the keyboard to give you an update on what's been going on around here.  It seems like it's been a long time since I last posted, but I think that's just because so much has happened since then! 


     Where to start... well, since my last update, we have gotten together and hosted a Cub Scout Camp-out here on the property, dealt with the "bug" that's been making it's way through the school (runny noses, coughs, general yuckiness), gotten all the students through the last week of the first quarter (with everyone making Honor Roll!), a small remodelling project at my parent's house, and finished up yesterday afternoon with an open-house/dedication of their new place!  Whew, it makes me tired just to type it all over again!  And here it is Monday again!  


     This week is full as well.  We have a short week at school, with only two "normal" days.  ("Normal" is just a word in the dictionary when you have anything to do with kids!)  Then Wednesday is our first field trip, and Thursday and Friday we are out of school.  I won't be home for those days however, as I am heading down to Pensacola for the Ladies Celebration I try to go to every year.  I always enjoy it, but it has a very full schedule too.  


     Hubby and I were going over the calendar, and we came to the realization that we have something major planned for every weekend from now until the end of the year!  Some of these are: scout training for Hubby; possible out-of-town weekend trip; Hubby's parents arriving and his ordination service; and Thanksgiving festivities.  I would really like to fit some fall cleaning in there somewhere, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen... *sigh*  And of course, then we're right up into December, and we all know how life slows down around the holidays, right?  HA!  


     So, how do the rest of you keep your sanity in your busy lives?  Someone asked just this week how I am managing, and I basically said I just keep doing one thing at a time until I run out of things to do, or I have to go to bed.  Somehow, I never seem to run out of things to do though...  I try to keep the right attitudes by having a "ticker-tape" Scripture verse in the back of my mind.  I have to admit, it's usually Philippians 4:13!  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Because, after all, isn't that the reason we do can do anything?  Through Christ's strength?  


     Which is a good thing, because, if this was all riding on my ability, the boys would live on boxes of cereal, which they would then have to cobble into clothes since Mommy hadn't gotten the laundry done in twelve days, and Hubby would probably just move into his workplace, where no crazy lady was wandering through in her school uniform giving everyone demerits for breathing in an inappropriate manner!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment