Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Days!

     Okay, we are well on our way in this school year!  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to teach this year, and for the opportunity to serve the Lord in a new way!  It is so exciting to see Him working in the ministry here, and in our family!


     Practicing the schedule last week has really come in handy for this first "real" week of the school year.  I am sooo glad we worked hard and didn't quit half-way through!  The boys have been able to get up and get going pretty well, and they are even cheerful about it!  (Mommy takes a little while to wake up by herself, so by the time I have to interact with anyone, I can be cheerful too!)  Stitch is having a little difficulty adjusting to Mommy and brothers being gone, but he did better today, so I think by the end of the week, he'll be great!  It helps that he can put on his back-pack and head out the door with the rest of us.  Also, Middle Biscuit's K5 teacher has been so gracious in allowing Stitch to come in her classroom and spend a little while in the morning time, while we are waiting on our Mimi to pick him up!  A blessing of living next door is that he can also join us for lunch, which makes him feel like a "big boy!"  


     It is exciting to be able to have the chance to learn the personalities of all our students this year.  We have some great kiddos in our school family, and I'm sure you will be reading some anecdotes throughout the year from all the funny stuff the kids say and do!  (With the names changed to protect the "innocent", of course!)  Like today, one of our kindergarten students was showing some concern with his food during lunch time.  Mrs. P (our principal) went over to see what his issue was.  He looked up at her and said, with some frustration, "There were supposed to be meatballs in this ravioli!  I guess they were so small I didn't even notice them!"  He was so serious, and somewhat offended...I think if he was a little older, he would have asked for a refund! 


     Home life is going well so far too...I'm not feeling overwhelmed yet.  Although, it is only day two of the school year...maybe I'm being too optimistic?  There may be a post one day where I've completely lost it and can only ramble on incoherently as to why I thought this would be a good idea in the first place.  But for now, it's going well (actually better than I expected!) which makes me feel extra confident.  I know I am only doing this with the Lord's help though, so I'm taking extra moments here and there to say a quick "thank You" prayer.  Thanks to all the readers who've been praying too...couldn't do it without those either!  


     So, that about wraps it up for this post...I hope all of your school years are starting off well too!  Don't forget to look for those "Lego" moments in all the insanity that is our life!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment